Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Sunday drives

There was a time when people had to be encouraged to get out and drive for leisure.  Streets were actually designed with this in mind.  Parkways were an example of this.

By definition, a Sunday drive is an automobile trip taken for pleasure or leisure on a Sunday, usually in the afternoon. Typically there is no destination and no rush.

I remember going on Sunday drives after church.  This is when I was younger and we were still going to First Methodist Church (so (1968 or before).  Although I remember riding with my dad exploring things out of town after that so I know we still went once in awhile but not as a family.  It seemed like it might have been just Dad, Dean and me but I'm not sure.

To me it way of seeing what was going on.  What was new.  What was being built.  Change in scenery.  To this day, I still enjoy riding around town and seeing what's going on and what is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment